Hey boys, how have you all been? I know you guys have been clawing out your eyes because you haven't heard from me in a while. The reason for my absence was that I've been in Ireland. Beautiful country but I'm glad to be back to give you this mock:
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, OK St.: This one is obviously between Blackmon and Kalil. Kalil is the better prospect but Fisher came to the Rams for Sam Bradford, which I believe would mean pairing him up with a beast WR Fisher never had in Tennessee.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor: Glad to see everyone's with me on the fact that Colt McCoy is not a starting NFL QB. If Washington gets Manning, Cleveland benefits as I don't see anyone trading up for RGIII, therefore, they can sit at 4 and still get the QB they need.
5. Tampa Bay Bucs: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU: Talib and Barber are question marks for next season, if Claiborne falls here this is definitley a lock
6. Washington Redskins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa: If they get Manning as I predict, and with no other WR's worthy of the pick, OT would be a smart pick with Williams' troubles.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC: Moreso a BPA pick here. Coples could step in and make a good D even better.
8. Miami Dolphins: Jonathon Martin, OT, Stanford
9. Carolina Panthers: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU: A little early? Yeah probably, but with a DT need they're getting a guy with All-Pro potential
10. Buffalo Bills: Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE, Bama: The best pass rusher in the entire draft, IMO. No way should the worst pass rushing team in the league pass him.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Richardson, RB, Bama: I made this pick months ago before it became popular (I'm such a hipster). With a defensive coach, and no worthy QB's, building up the running game could be huge. Charles is coming back from a rough injury, and on top of that has never been the work horse back in the NFL. Replacing Jones with Richardson could make this anemic offense explosive.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Bama: 3 Bama boys in a row? I must still be drunk.... But seriously, everyone in the league smokes pot, I doubt his arrest affects his draft status.
13. Arizona Cardinals: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
14. Dallas Cowboys: Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Kuechly, LB, BC: This is one of the guys who's stock really changed while I was away. I don't get it, this guy is the best LB prospect since Ray Lewis. If MLB is your biggest need and you pass him round 1, you deserve to be fired Reid.
16. New York Jets: Mike Adams, OT, OSU: The Jets need to rebuild this OL and get back to running the football and only letting Sanchez pass to appease the 16 year old girls. Mike Adams could help that.
17. Cincinatti Bengals (from OAK): Mark Barron, S, Bama
18. San Diego Chargers: Nick Perry, OLB/DE, USC
19. Chicago Bears: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
20. Tennessee Titans: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor: I hated seeing a fellow Jersey boy tear his knee like Britt did against my Broncos. I think he'll come back fine but getting a Wright-caliber WR will only help Hasselbeck/Locker
21. Cincinatti Bengals: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
22. Cleveland Browns (from ATL): Michael Floyd, WR, ND: They got their QB early, now time to get him something the Browns don't have: someone to throw to.
23. Detroit Lions: Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Donta' Hightower, ILB, Bama
25. Denver Broncos: Devon Still, DT, Penn St.: farther down then I think he'll go, may be a pipe dream for my Broncos but there's a chance he falls this far.
26. Houston Texans: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
27. New England (from NO): Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson: With the Pats moving towards more of a 4-3, Branch could easily transfer in to NE and rush the passer.
28. Green Bay Packers: Fletcher Cox, DT/DE, Miss St.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Vontaze Burfict, LB, AZ St.: Not a fan of the kid but there's no denying the talent.
31. New York Giants: Zach Brown, LB, UNC: I know Reese doesn't draft LB's in round 1, but if he runs a 4.4, he may sneak up on Reese's board as the "freak" prospect Rorschach constantly points out.
32. New England Patriots: Jerel Worthy, DT/DE, MSU: This D needs to be improved, badly. Building up the DL with young talent is always a good formula.
1. St. Louis Rams: Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia
2. Indianapolis Colts: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3. Minnesota Vikings: Alfonso Dennard, CB, Nebraska
4. Tampa Bay Bucs: David Wilson, RB, Va Tech.
5. Cleveland Browns: Kelechi Osmele, OT/OG, Iowa St.
6. Jacksonville Jaguars: Chase Minnifield, CB, UVA
7. Washington Redskins: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
8. Carolina Panthers: Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
9. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
10. Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
11. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M: Hate doing explanations in the 2nd round, but for Tannehill, I think he's way too raw for round 1. He should be a 2nd rounder who can develop out of the spotlight.
12. Kansas City Chiefs: Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU
13. Dallas Cowboys: Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
14. Philadelphia Eagles: Kendall Reyes, DT, UCONN
15. New York Jets: Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
16. New England Patirots (from OAK): Kevin Zietler, OG, Wisconsin
17. San Diego Chargers: Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
18. Chicago Bears: Dwight Jones, WR, UNC
19. Philadelphia (from AZ): Ruben Randle, WR, LSU
20. Tennessee Titans: Ben Jones, C, Georgia
21. Cincinatti Bengals: Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa St.
22. Detroit Lions: Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
23. Atlanta Falcons: George Iloka, S, BSU
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia
25. Denver Broncos: Doug Martin, RB, BSU
26. Houston Texans: Billy Winn, DT/DE, BSU: 1 gapping in a 3-4 might be Winn's best fit.
27. New Orleans Saints: Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
28. Green Bay Packers: Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse
29. Baltimore Ravens:Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
30. San Fransisco 49ers: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
31. New York Giants: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
32. New England Patriots: Markelle Martin, S, Ok St.