This week we head to Phoenix International Raceway for the Bashas Supermarkets 200. After an amazing race at Daytona, we get a bit of a cool off this week. While Kyle Busch has won the last two spring races, it was the summer event that everyone should take note of. Last summer Sam Hornish won a crash filled Wypall 200. This year Hornish is running for the Championship and a win this week would help sell him as a legit contender. Busch is looking for his first win with his new Nationwide team.
James Buescher is back for another round this week after his Daytona win last Saturday. Buescher is still only going to run part time, but having a good run this week could set him up well for a jump to the Nationwide series full time next year.
Entry List and More after the jump!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||G&K Services||12 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||ONE MAIN FINANCIAL||12 Chevy||Richard Childress Racing|
|3||3||Austin Dillon||ADVOCARE||12 Chevy||Richard Childress Racing|
|4||4||Darryl Harr||TBA||12 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||RFR 25||12 Ford||Roush Fenway Racing|
|6||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||12 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|7||08||Casey Roderick *||TBA||12 Ford||Randy Hill Racing|
|8||09||Kenny Wallace||TBA||12 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|9||10||Jeff Green * (S)||TBA||12 Toyota||TriStar Motorsports|
|10||11||Brian Scott||Dollar General||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|11||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Alliance Truck Parts||12 Dodge||Penske Racing South|
|12||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb(i) *||Lerner & Rowe Injury Attorneys||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|13||14||Eric McClure||Hefty Reynolds Wrap||12 Toyota||TriStar Motorsports|
|14||15||Timmy Hill(i)||Poynt.com||12 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|15||18||Denny Hamlin(i)||GameStop||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|16||19||Tayler Malsam||G-Oil||12 Toyota||TriStar Motorsports|
|17||20||Joey Logano(i) *||Dollar General||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|18||22||Brad Keselowski(i) [PC1] *||Discount Tire||12 Dodge||Penske Racing South|
|19||23||Jamie Dick||Viva Auto Group||12 Chevy||R3 Motorsports|
|20||24||Benny Gordon *||SR2 Motorsports||12 Toyota||SR2 Motorsports|
|21||27||JJ Yeley *||GCMI||12 Ford||Steve Meehan|
|22||28||David Green||TBA||12 Chevy||Jay Robinson Racing|
|23||30||James Buescher(i)||ABF||12 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|24||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||12 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|25||33||Kevin Harvick(i)||SOUTH POINT CASINO||12 Chevy||Richard Childress Racing|
|26||38||Kasey Kahne(i)||Great Clips||12 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|27||39||Joey Gase||TBA||12 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|28||40||Josh Wise(i)||TBA||12 Chevy||The Motorsports Group|
|29||41||Blake Koch *||Rise Up and Register||12 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|30||42||Erik Darnell * (S)||TBA||12 Chevy||The Motorsports Group|
|31||43||Michael Annett||Pilot/Flying J||12 Ford||Richard Petty Motorsports|
|32||44||Mike Bliss *||TBA||12 Toyota||TriStar Motorsports|
|33||46||Chase Miller * (S)||TBA||12 Chevy||The Motorsports Group|
|34||47||Scott Speed(i) * (S)||tba||12 Chevy||The Motorsports Group|
|35||50||T J Bell||Turbine Powered Technology||12 Chevy||MAKE Motorsports|
|36||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Automotive||12 Chevy||Jeremy Clements Racing|
|37||52||Tim Schendel||TBA||12 Chevy||Means Motorsports|
|38||54||Kyle Busch(i) [PC2] *||Monster Energy||12 Toyota||Kyle Busch Motorsports|
|39||60||Trevor Bayne||Ford EcoBoost||12 Ford||Roush Fenway Racing|
|40||70||Charles Lewandoski||Foretravel||12 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|41||74||Mike Harmon *||American Heros||12 Chevy||Mike Harmon Racing|
|42||81||Jason Bowles||American Majority||12 Dodge||MacDonald Motorsports|
|43||87||Joe Nemechek||AM/FM Energy Wood & Pellet Stoves||12 Toyota||NEMCO|
|44||88||Cole Whitt||TaxSlayer.com||12 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|45||89||Morgan Shepherd *||GoodInfo.com||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|(i)- Not Running for Championship|
|* - Must Qualify On Time|
|(PC)- Past Champion|
|(S) - Known Start and Park Team|
45 teams are entered this week, meaning that two will go home.
- #4- JD Motorsports' second team has a new driver this week in Darryl Harr. Harr has been a start and park driver in the past and could bow out of this race early.
- #10- Jeff Green really disappointed me last week by parking after three laps in the Daytona event. Green is a past champion, and should either get a ride that allows him to race or retire. These runs of his are just adding a black mark to an otherwise good career.
- #13- Jennifer Jo Cobb returns to the series in her underfunded team. Cobb has not been able to put together any sort of success in Nascar so far.
- #23- Jamie Dick will run for R3 Motorsports this week. Dick brings sponsorship to the underfunded family owned team.
- #24- Benny Gordon had a really good run last week and could just sneak up on a rookie title.
- #33- Kevin Harvick will return to his former team this week. Harvick is running with Brendan Gaughan's sponsor on the car, meaning that this was probably going to be a Gaughan race until RCR decided to run him in the Sprint Cup race this Sunday.
- #88- This could be the race that Cole Whitt sets himself apart. Whitt has Hendrick backing and full sponsorship. It would be shocking to see him take a huge step back this week.
Join us this Saturday for an open race thread while you tune into ESPN 2 at 4pm eastern for the live running of the Bashas Supermarkets 200! Enjoy!