We conclude Round 2 of the GIF Bracket by sending eight of the tournament's most violent, confused and terrible GIFs to the Sweet 16. Vote, and help us determine the greatest animated sports GIFs of all time.
As of 5 p.m. ET on Friday, the Sweet 16 field of the Animated GIF bracket will be determined. We conclude the second round with the North Region, a quadrant of the bracket in which there is no clear favorite.
Overconfident Jeremy Shockey is the old, and Shut Up, Chris Rock is the new. Yankees' Infield delights, and Rob Gronkowski Should Be Dead horrifies. It is a region of strife, misunderstanding, ignorance, violence, aggression and bodily harm. Keep the children indoors.
It is one Hell of a bracket, but before we dig in, let's take a moment to remember a couple of the best North Region GIFs that fell short in the first round.
Love you guys. Gonna miss you guys. ONWARD!
In case you missed them, you can still vote on GIFs in the other regions:
NORTH REGION -- SECOND ROUND
(1) Overconfident Jeremy Shockey (last win: 629 votes to 189)
(9) Daniel Sedin, Pacifist Hero (last win: 481 to 312)
(12) Rob Gronkowski Should Be Dead (last win: 509 to 272)
(4) RG3's Life Is Ridiculous (last win: 508 to 407)
(6) Jack Wilson Throws Invisible Baseball (last win: 347 to 333)
(3) The Yankees' Infield (last win: 448 to 265)
(10) Bruce Bowen's Flying Kick (last win: 366 to 344)
(2) Shut Up, Chris Rock (last win: 407 to 331)