I don't know if this is already done, but I wanted to advocate a Mock Draft Competition. The winner would have bragging rights on Mocking The Draft and on their respective SBN Blog. Before we can crown a champion, rules have to be made. I have made an outline of five rules that establish a point system. Considering how many variables there are that go into a draft, I felt there should be additional rewards beyond correctly guessing a particular player going to a particular team. As a result, I decided to go with the same point system used in the game of football. Read beyond the jump for the rules.
1. Correctly guess the team and the player picked at a spot. (Touchdown = 6 points) With a trade (two point conversion = 2 points)
Example A: You have Andrew Luck going number one in your mock draft to the Colts. The Colts select Andrew Luck number one overall. You earn 6 points.
Example B: You have Ryan Tannehill going number three in your mock to the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins trade up to number three and select Ryan Tannehill. You earn 8 points.
2. Correctly guess the player picked at a spot, but a team traded up/down for him. (Field Goal = 3 points)
Example C: You have Tampa Bay selecting Trent Richardson at number 5. The Miami Dolphins trade up to number 5 and select Trent Richardson. You earn 3 points.
3. Correctly guess a team trading up to a spot, but not selecting the correct player. (Safety = 2 points)
Example D: You have Miami trading up to spot 5 to select Ryan Tannehill. Miami trades up to the fifth spot to select Trent Richardson. You earn 2 points.
4. Incorrectly guessing a trade, but a team still picking the correct player. (Field Goal = 3 points)
Example E: You have Miami trading up to spot 5 to select Ryan Tannehill. Miami does not trade up but still selects Ryan Tannehill at spot 8. You earn 3 points.
5. Correctly guess a position group a team addresses, but the wrong player. (OL, DL, WR, QB, RB, LB, CB, S) (PAT = 1 point)
Example F: You have the Lions taking Stephen Gilmore at spot 23. The Lions select Dre Kirkpatrick at 23 instead. You earn 1 point.
So what do you guys think? Suggestions are welcome, and questions are encouraged. Also willing to take suggestions for a timetable for submissions, yadda yadda yadda.