Lets take a look at who is moving around - and what we are hearing around the NFL. I posted a similar article a while ago - but now we have a much better idea of what teams are planning to do. Mind you - these are things I have heard, think, or read.
WHO WANTS TO MOVE UP?
- I have heard/read the Chiefs might be interested in moving up for Ryan Tannehill (QB) - Texas AM
- I have heard the Cowboys could move up for Mark Barron (S) - Alabama
- I have heard the Eagles are interested in moving up for a variety of players the most likely being Fletcher Cox (DT) - Mississippi St.......(Other names thrown around are Mark Barron, Stephen Gilmore, Ryan Tannehill)
- I have heard Jets are interested in moving up for Melvin Ingram (DE/OLB) - South Carolina being the favorite to fill the void at pass rusher
- Read today that Rams are interested in moving up to #4 to secure a player. Hearing a few separate names including Fletcher Cox
WHO WANTS TO MOVE DOWN?
- I suppose everyone always wants to move down to acquire more picks BUT
- Minnesota Vikings have said they want to move down and acquire more picks but more so want a blockbuster deal like the Rams got. Potential partners are a team that really wants Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Justin Blackmon, or Ryan Tannehill.
- Cleveland Browns are not sure what they want to do, but have heard they are interested in moving down.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are apparently "desperate" to move out of the 7th pick. Potential partners are all the teams that are mentioned above.
- The Buffalo Bills would like to move down and acquire an additional pick - if they don't like anyone at 10. Potential partners are all the teams mentioned above. However at the 10th pick - some player that a team really likes drops - and wish to move up to acquire that player.
- The Patriots have stated they will keep their 27th pick but will trade away their 31st pick. The 31st pick could be any player that entices a team - but historically seams to be teams that move back into the bottom of the first to grab a QB. The Browns could be a trading partner to acquire Brandon Weeden, if they don't do so with their 2nd of 1st round picks.
WHO IS FOR SALE?
- The Eagles are shopping Asante Samuel. What is he worth? Who is interested? He is 31 and is still a starting caliber CB in the NFL
- The Tampa Bay Bucs are shopping Aqib Talib. What is he worth? Who is interested? He has off field issues, and that has significantly dropped the stock of Jenkins. Why would anyone be interested in Talib?
- Apparently no one has approached the Steelers concerning Mike Wallace - probably considering how much money he wants
- Was made aware that the Giants might be interested in shopping Osi Umenyiora (DE). Who do you think would be interested? What is he worth?
Thoughts? What else is the word around the NFL? Who else is for sale? What other teams are interested in moving?
T-Minus 7 days my fellow mockers -Moose