Kawann Short | Defensive Tackle | Purdue | 6-3, 310 pounds
Games Watched: Ohio State and Michigan (2011)
I am currently in the process of constructing my first 2013 NFL Draft Big Board. While I am compiling the list, I will release some of my notes on the players I am breaking down.Rather than a full scouting report, I will be releasing notes on these players. Full scouting reports will be based on games watched this upcoming season.
First Word: Kawann Short is a scheme-versatile interior lineman with tons of athletic ability. He makes plays against the run with ease and seems to be improving a bit as a pass rusher. Short's motor and football savvy will make him an outstanding leader at the next level. If he continues his impressive play, Short should be a first round draft pick next April.
- Short is a rock on the inside.
- Excellent hand-use. Sheds blocks with ease.
- Combination of burst and instincts makes him quick off the snap.
- Solid change of direction skills for a man his size.
- Utilizes an effective spin move. Rarely ends up on the ground
- Not an elite pass rusher.
- Seemed to luck into a few sacks in the games I watched. Definitely more of a run stuffer.