The thing I'm looking forward to this week is the absence of many Cup regulars in the Nationwide field, with the main exception being Kurt Busch that is. Iowa Speedway is a newer racetrack that has been pretty good in terms of race action. Ricky Stenhouse won both races last year and is the only past winner entered this week. Elliott Sadler will be looking to turn around his luck following a late race crash with Joey Logano last weekend.
Pioneer Hi-Bred, the title sponsor this week, is the worldwide leader in producing Hi-Bred Seeds for agriculture. Pioneer makes Corn, Wheat and Soybean seeds for farmers. Check out there website for more information.
Entry list after the jump.
|1||01||Mike Wallace||Restaurant.com||12 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Finacial||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||3||Austin Dillon||Advocare||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|4||4||Daryl Harr||12 Ford||Rusty Wallace|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Cargill||12 Ford||Jack Roush|
|6||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||12 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt-Miller|
|7||08||Tim Andrews||12 Ford||Randy Hill|
|8||10||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|9||11||Brian Scott||Dollar General||12 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|10||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Detroit Genuine Parts||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|11||14||Jeff Green||Hefty/Reynolds Wrap||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|12||15||Blake Koch||Capital Plastic Surgery||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|13||18||Michael McDowell(i)||Pizza Ranch||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|14||19||Tayler Malsam||G-Oil/NOYS||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|15||20||Darrell Wallace Jr||Dollar General||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||22||Parker Kligerman(i)||Discount Tire||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|17||23||Jamie Dick||Viva Auto Group||12 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|18||24||Benny Gordon||12 Chevy||Jason Sciavicco|
|19||26||John Young||Eklekt||12 Dodge||John Young|
|20||30||Steve Arpin||Mike's Hard Lemonade||12 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|21||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||12 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|22||33||Brendan Gaughan(i)||South Point||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|23||38||Brad Sweet||Great Clips||12 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|24||39||Josh Richards||NSW Kids||12 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|25||40||Erik Darnell||TheMotorsportsGroup.com||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|26||41||Timmy Hill||Poynt.com||12 Ford||Rick Ware|
|27||42||Josh Wise(i)||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|28||43||Michael Annett||Pilot/Flying J||12 Ford||Sandra Turner|
|29||44||Mike Bliss||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|30||46||Chase Miller||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|31||47||Scott Speed(i)||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|32||50||T J Bell||12 Chevy||Rusty Wallace|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Automotive||10 Chevy||Tony Clements|
|34||52||Joey Gase||12 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||54||Kurt Busch(i)||Monster Energy||12 Toyota||Kyle Busch|
|36||70||Johanna Long||Foretravel||12 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|37||74||Mike Harmon||Koma Unwind||12 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|38||75||Scott Riggs(i)||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|39||81||Jason Bowles||American Majority||12 Toyota||Gina MacDonald|
|40||87||Joe Nemechek||AM/FM Energy Wood & Pellet Stoves||12 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|41||88||Cole Whitt||DewCrew.com||12 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|42||89||Morgan Shepherd||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|43||99||Travis Pastrana||Boost Mobile||12 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|(i)- Not Running For Championship|
43 teams are entered last I checked, so all of them will make it. Just a few notes this week.
- #6- Ricky Stenhouse returns to the track that helped him win the Championship. He will carry the Cargill colors this week.
- #10- No driver has been named yet for the start and park team, as Jeff Green will get another shot at a full race run with Eric McClure out for another week.
- #18- Michael McDowell is entered this week for Joe Gibbs. McDowell has been very impressive with the team but has yet to win a race.
- #20- Teaming with McDowell this week is ARCA Standout and Drive For Diversity graduate Darrell Wallace Jr will make his first start of 2012. Look for Wallace to be around the top 15 for most of the race. Wallace has the ability to one day make a run for a Nationwide Championship if he is given the opportunity.
- #22- Parker Kligerman returns this week as the Truck Series ran yesterday.
- #30- Steve Aprin again will make a start for Turner with Mike's Hard Lemonade as sponsor.
Join us this Sunday as the Nationwide Series gets the prime slot this week for the live running of the Pioneer Hi-Bred 250 from Iowa Speedway. ESPN will broadcast the race at 130pm eastern. Enjoy!