Talladega,it's an amazing fan experience and has been a fan favorite for many years. 'Dega is one of two superspeedways and is always an entertaining race where the finish always seems to end in controversy and excitement.
This week we have both Busch Brother fighting it out as well as a showcase of young stars like Austin Dillon, Ryan Truex and Cole Whitt. Everytime Nascar heads to Alabama, it's hard to judge just which race is better; the Cup race or the Nationwide race?
We've seen some great finishes year in and year out and the biggest thing to watch for is how this race effects the Championship battle.
Entry List and More after the Jump!
|1||1||Kurt Busch(i) *||Phoenix Contruction||12 Chevy||James Finch|
|2||01||Mike Wallace||Restaurant.com||12 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|3||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|4||3||Austin Dillon||Advocare||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|5||4||Danny Efland (S)||12 Chevy||Rusty Wallace|
|6||5||Dale Earnhardt Jr(i) [PC2] *||Hellmann's||12 Chevy||Rick Hendrick|
|7||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Cargill/Blackwell Angus||12 Ford||Jack Roush|
|8||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||12 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt-Miller|
|9||08||Tim Andrews (S) *||12 Ford||Randy Hill|
|10||10||Jeff Green [PC1] (S) *||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|11||11||Brian Scott||Dollar General||12 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|12||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Alliance||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|13||14||Eric McClure||Hefty/Reynolds Wrap Toyota Camry||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|14||15||Jeffrey Earnhardt||Fastwax.com||12 Ford||Rick Ware|
|15||18||Joey Logano(i)||GameStop||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||19||Tayler Malsam||G-Oil||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|17||20||Ryan Truex *||Grime Boss||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|18||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|19||23||Robert Richardson Jr||North TX Pipe||12 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|20||24||Benny Gordon||12 Toyota||Jason Sciavicco|
|21||30||James Buescher(i)||Accudoc||12 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|22||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||12 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|23||33||Kevin Harvick(i)||Armour||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|24||38||Brad Sweet||Great Clips||12 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|25||39||Joey Gase (S) *||12 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|26||40||Erik Darnell||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|27||41||Timmy Hill||Poynt.com-Shania Kidscan||12 Ford||Rick Ware|
|28||42||Josh Wise(i) (S) *||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|29||43||Michael Annett||Pilot/Flying J||12 Ford||Sandra Turner|
|30||44||Mike Bliss||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|31||46||Chase Miller (S) *||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|32||47||Scott Speed(i) (S) *||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|33||50||T J Bell *||12 Chevy||Rusty Wallace|
|34||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Automotive||10 Chevy||Tony Clements|
|35||52||Kevin Lepage *||12 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|36||54||Kyle Busch(i)||Monster Energy||12 Toyota||Kyle Busch|
|37||70||Johanna Long||Foretravel||12 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|38||74||Mike Harmon (S) *||Koma Unwind||12 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|39||75||Blake Koch *||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|40||81||Jason Bowles||American Majority||12 Toyota||Gina MacDonald|
|41||87||Joe Nemechek||AM/FM Energy Wood & Pellet Stoves||12 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|42||88||Cole Whitt||TaxSlayer.com||12 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|43||89||Morgan Shepherd *||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|44||99||Kenny Wallace||American Ethanol||11 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|(S)- Known Start and Park|
|(i)- Not Running for Title|
|(PC)- Past Champion|
|* - Must Qualify on Time|
44 teams entered, so someone is going home.
- #1- Last week's winner Kurt Busch will drive for his Sprint Cup team Phoenix Racing this week. Busch is a great superspeedway driver and should be a favorite to go back to back.
- #5- Dale Earnhardt could use this race as a great leaping off point for a strong enough run Sunday to break his win-less streak. Earnhardt hasn't had quite the success that I'm sure he wishes he would have in this series.
- #15- Jeffrey Earnhardt is running the #15 this week with Blake Koch running the start and park #75 team this week. (Editor's Note: the #15 was the number Dale Earnhardt, Jeff's Grandaddy, used when he raced for Bud Moore back in the 1980's)
- #20-Ryan Truex is looking for some success. He's been making some great starts for Joe Gibbs but could really make a name for himself this week.
- #24- Benny Gordon returns this week after taking off last week.
- #38- Brad Sweet is making a start this week for Turner Motorsports.
- #99- Kenny Wallace returns to RAB Racing with a new number and a new drive to try and return to victory lane.
Join us Saturday Afternoon at 3pm eastern for the Live Running of the Aaron's 312 on ABC. Check your local listings and join us at Nascar Ranting and Raving for an open race thread. Enjoy!