The Kentucky Derby is upon us, which means it's time to make mint juleps.
OH CRAP, WHAT THE HELL GOES IN A MINT JULEP?
Relax, pal. Matt Ufford is here with video of how to make mint juleps and similar delicious whiskey drinks for the Derby. Recipes after the jump!
1. Muddle 3-5 sprigs of mint with simple syrup or sugar (to taste)
2. Add 3 oz. bourbon and crushed ice in layers
3. Garnish with mint
1. Muddle 2-4 pieces lemon, 3-5 sprigs of mint, and simple syrup or sugar to taste
2. Add 2-3 oz. bourbon, stir, and strain (optional)
3. Garnish with mint and/or lemon
1. Mix 1/2 oz. simple syrup with 2 dashes bitters OR Muddle 1 sugar cube in a splash of water and 2 dashes bitters
2. Add 2 oz. bourbon (or rye) with ice, stir
3. Garnish with twist of lemon or orange
Complete 2012 Kentucky Derby coverage, including analysis of the field and each contender.