Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images
Ricky Wagner | OT | Wisonsin | 6-6, 320
Games Watched: Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State (2011)
First Word: Ricky Wagner is another in a long line of talented Badger offensive lineman. Wisconsin's offensive line paved the way for a huge season from Montee Ball, and Wagner certainly played a hand in that. Wagner is more polished as a pass protector than a run blocker at this point in his career, but his raw size gives him the physical upside to be a mauler if he refines his technique. He moves very well for a 320 pound man.
- Wagner has very quick feet. Considering his size, he is a smooth athlete.
- Big 10 defensive lineman can attest to Wagner's violent hands. He gets a quick burst off the ball and engages quickly.
- Never gives up on a block.
- Seals the edge very nicely.
- Holds the point of attack effectively.
- Wagner has a tendency to get overpowered by stronger defensive lineman.
- In the games I watched, Wagner had a few instances of waste bending, which resulted in him on the ground. He will need to eliminate that next year.
- Wagner tends to get upright in run blocking at times, which makes him easy to beat.