The Nationwide Series thankfully returns from a week off to run at Michigan International Raceway.
There is a surprising lack of Sprint Cup Regulars in this race despite both Series being at Michigan. I hope the trend continues, don't you?
Elliott Sadler took over the points lead last week after Ricky Stenhouse clocked his second straight DNF. I'm pretty sure Stenhouse will look to retake the lead this week - as long as he keeps his car in one piece.
Entry List and More after the JUMP!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||TBA||12 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||ONE MAIN FINANCIAL||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||3||Austin Dillon||ADVOCARE||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|4||4||Danny Efland||TradeBank||12 Chevy||Rusty Wallace|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||12 Ford||Jack Roush|
|6||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||12 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt-Miller|
|7||08||Tony Raines (i)||Black Cat Wireworks||12 Ford||Randy Hill|
|8||10||Start and Park Driver (S)||TBD||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|9||11||Brian Scott||Dollar General||12 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|10||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Alliance Truck Parts||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|11||14||Jeff Green||Hefty/Reynolds Wrap||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|12||15||Blake Koch||RWR||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|13||18||Joey Logano(i)||Dollar General||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|14||19||Tayler Malsam||G-Oil / Ryobi||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|15||20||Michael McDowell(i)||Pizza Ranch||12 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||12 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|17||23||Jamie Dick||Viva Auto Group||12 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|18||24||Benny Gordon||TBA||12 Chevy||Jason Sciavicco|
|19||30||James Buescher(i)||Amway-Gaddes Foundation||12 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|20||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||12 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|21||33||Paul Menard(i)||Menards||12 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|22||38||Brad Sweet||Great Clips||12 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|23||39||Josh Richards||NSW Kids||12 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|24||40||Erik Darnell||TheMotorsportsGroup.com||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|25||41||Timmy Hill||Poynt.com||12 Ford||Rick Ware|
|26||42||Josh Wise(i) (S)||Curtis Key Plumbing||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|27||43||Michael Annett||Pilot Flying J||12 Ford||Sandra Turner|
|28||44||Mike Bliss||TBD||12 Toyota||Mark Smith|
|29||46||Chase Miller (S)||Curtis Key Plumbing||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|30||47||Scott Speed(i) (S)||Curtis Key Plumbing||12 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|31||50||T J Bell||TBA||12 Chevy||Rusty Wallace|
|32||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Automotive||10 Chevy||Tony Clements|
|33||52||Tim Schendel||TBA||12 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|34||54||Kurt Busch(i)||Monster Energy||12 Toyota||Kyle Busch|
|35||70||Johanna Long||Foretravel||12 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|36||71||Matthew Carter (S)||RWR||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|37||74||Mike Harmon||Koma Unwind||12 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|38||75||Scott Riggs(i) (S)||RWR||12 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|39||81||Jason Bowles||American Majority||12 Toyota||Gina MacDonald|
|40||87||Joe Nemechek||AM/FM Energy||12 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|41||88||Cole Whitt||Clean Coal||12 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|42||89||Morgan Shepherd||TBA||12 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|43||99||Kenny Wallace||TBD||12 Toyota||Robby Benton|
43 teams will race this week. Here's a few to watch for:
- #3- Austin Dillon is doing double duty this week. If the Truck Series has taught us anything about Dillon it's that we should expect him to turn it up in his second year. Since we have already seen Dillon running incredibly well for a Rookie, He should be a favorite to win the Title next season.
- #12- Hornish will have the title sponsor of this week's race on his hood. It's not often that we see a sponsor pull this sort of double duty.
- #14- Eric McClure was not cleared for this weekend, but could be back next week.
- #20- Michael McDowell wants to be the first non-Cup driver to win for Gibbs this year. We have seen some great runs by Ryan Truex and Darrell Wallace, but the #20 team has yet to visit victory lane this year.
- #24- Benny Gordon is listed, but he has been pulled for a driver who can bring in a sponsor for the past few races.
- #38- Brad Sweet will be making a start so that Kasey Kahne can focus on the Cup Series this week.
- #54- Kurt Busch is back from his one week vacation to remind him that he is a grown adult. Let's see if he can go a week without making a fool of himself.
It's Saturday Afternoon Racing Live from Michigan! Tune into ABC at 3:30pm Eastern for the Live Running of the Alliance Truck Parts 250! Enjoy!