E.J. Manuel | Quarterback, Senior | 6'5'', 240 pounds
2011 Stats: 65.3 completion percentage, 2,666 yards, 18 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 151 rushing yards, 4 touchdowns
Games watched: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Miami
First Word: E.J. Manuel has a ways to go in his development, but his raw ability has people raving about his NFL prospects. Manuel is a big guy with plenty of athleticism to match, but he's shown flashes of being an advanced pocket passer. He didn't set the world on fire with his numbers in 2011, but an improvement from Florida State as a whole should benefit Manuel in 2012.
- Manuel's size and athleticism obviously work in his favor. He extends plays with his legs and is tough to bring down when he does to decide to tuck it away and run.
- Manuel is willing to take a hit from the pocket. That's not to say he has great pocket presence, but he does seem to have quite a bit of toughness.
- Manuel has a strong enough arm to make all the throws at the next level.
- Puts excellent touch on his deep passes and shows a willingness to take shots downfield.
- Seems to keep his eyes downfield when scrambling around in the backfield, which is a good sign. He needs to be a little more consistent in this area, though.
- Manuel doesn't have a great feel for the rush. He doesn't adjust to it well and leaves the pocket too early on occasion.
- Manuel shows poor footwork when under pressure, causing him to make some really inaccurate throws or under throw his target.
- Manuel often tries to do too much, either forcing passes into double coverage or doing too much with his legs. He needs to cut out the stupid mistakes and learn when to just get rid of the ball.