Aug 6, 2012; Manchester , United Kingdom; USA fans cheer prior to the game against Canada in the semi finals during the London 2012 Olympic Games at Old Trafford. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Thursday's Olympic schedule is jam-packed with excellent events, from the U.S. women's national soccer team hoping to take gold against Japan to American Ashton Eaton's bid for decathlon gold and Jamaica's Usain Bolt run to win the 200m final.
With the final weekend of the 2012 Summer Olympics nearing, Thursday's schedule includes final and semifinal matches in a number of team sports competitions, as well as a trio of fan-favorite track and field events.
And also, dressage.
NBC Sports Network will carry the gold medal match in women's soccer live at 2:30 p.m., as Team USA will face Japan, the same team that defeated them on penalty kicks last summer in the finals of the 2011 Women's World Cup.
Expect the drama to be plentiful.
The women's soccer final will be preceded at noon on NBCSN by the U.S. women's basketball team's semifinal matchup against Australia. Team USA will look to advance to the gold medal game for the fifth straight Olympics.
In tape-delayed primetime coverage, London's Olympic Stadium will take center stage once again, with the finals of the decathlon, where American Ashton Eaton is poised to run away with the gold, and the men's 200m and 800m finals.
Below is the full television schedule for Thursday. NBCOlympics.com will stream all these events live.
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Women's Soccer: Bronze Medal Game, Canada at France (8 a.m.)
- Synchronized Swimming: Team Qualifying (10 a.m.)
- Women's Wrestling, 55kg and 72kg classes: Qualifying, Repechages, Gold Medal Finals (10:45 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Women's Soccer: Gold Medal Match, United States at Japan (2:30 p.m.)
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Equestrian: Individual Dressage Final (9 a.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Semifinal (11 a.m.)
- Women's Handball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Taekwondo: Semifinals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinals (2:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (4 p.m.)
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinal (10 a.m.)
- Swimming: Women's 10-Kilometer Marathon (11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Heats (12 p.m.)
- Canoe/Kayak: Sprint Discipline Finals (1 p.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: Bronze Medal Match (1:30 p.m.), Gold Medal Match (3 p.m.)
- Men's Beach Volleyball: Bronze Medal Match (4 p.m.)
5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Women's Boxing: Gold Medal Bouts (flyweight, lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. to 12 a.m. (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (decathlon, men's triple jump, 200m, 800m)
- Women's Diving: Platform Gold Medal Final
- Men's Beach Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
- Cycling: Men's BMX Quarterfinals
12:35 a.m. to 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: Qualifying
- Track & Field: Women's Javelin Gold Medal Final