Alex Steen took advantage of a late Chicago mistake to give the Blues a thrilling 3-2 win on Wednesday night.
Wednesday's game between the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues more than lived up to the hype. It was a tight, evenly-matched game with playoff-like intensity.
The Blues managed to take the lead on two different occasions only to watch Chicago respond less than a minute later each time, setting the stage for an incredible ending.
Just as the game appeared to be heading for overtime, the Blues somehow managed to get a 3-on-1 odd-man rush with 25 seconds to play. It was there that St. Louis' Alex Steen buried a booming slap shot behind Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for the game-winner.
And here is the entire sequence...
• Watch Tomas Hertl go between his legs for 4th goal
• Flyers win Craig Berube's debut
• 3 reasons the Blackhawks repeat in 2014
• Is Ed Snider his own worst enemy?
• Will Seth Jones be hockey's first African-American superstar?