1. Can Pittsburgh's young defense continue its success against the Rangers?
2. Will the Rangers win in regulation?
The Rangers are in the middle of a season-long nine-game home stand and are just 1-3-1 in the first five games, with the only win coming in a shootout over the hapless Calgary Flames on Sunday. Can they finally win a game on home ice in regulation? It's something that's happened just five times in 16 games this season.
3. Will Henrik Lundqvist allow fewer than three goals?
Henrik Lundqvist hasn't quite been himself this season has allowed three goals or more in each of his past five appearances. Will he snap that streak against a shorthanded Penguins team on Wednesday?
4. Can the NHL go one night without somebody getting ejected or doing something that warrants a suspension?
The NHL has suspended nine players in December and on Tuesday two more players (Detroit's Kyle Quincey and Washington's Tom Wilson) were ejected for hits that could result in additional discipline from the league. Can we take a night off from this nonsense?
5. How will Bobby Ryan do against the Devils?
In their first meeting this season the Ottawa Senators blew out the Devils with a 5-2 win in Ottawa, and it was Bobby Ryan leading the way with a goal and an assist. Ryan is off to a great start with 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) in 35 games and has three multiple-point games in his past six games. Will the Devils find a way to slow him down on Wednesday?