Time to mix up your Super Bowl recipe choices.
Sometimes, Super Bowl food can be a little heavy. Chili? Pulled pork sandwiches? Steak nachos? All delicious, but all will put you into a food coma before the third quarter.
Here's something that will taste good and let you munch throughout the entire game and through the post-game press conferences: Baked Parmesan french fires. The best part about making fries this way is you don't have to go through the hassle of the frying process.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 5 Russet potatoes (if you have another favorite potato (sweet?) then go for it
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Here are the easy steps to make these awesome fries:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch slices, lengthwise.
- Put the potatoes into a pot filled with cold water and a tablespoon of salt.
- Boil the potatoes in the water just so the outside of the potatoes are cooked through (you should be able to put a knife through the side of the potato, but not all the way through easily)
- Drain and put the potatoes in a bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, a tablespoon of salt and some black pepper. Put down one layer of potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes until they start to brown. Then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake some more until the potatoes brown more and the cheese melts a bit.
- Remove from oven. Let cool a minute or two. Devour.