With nine teams advancing after Tuesday's action, seven more teams will get a chance to advance to the second round of the NIT. Wednesday's action features a mix of schools from power conferences like Tennessee and Baylor as well as mid-major bubble teams like Southern Miss.
The Vols and Bears will take on Mercer and Long Beach State respectively, while Southern Miss gets Charleston Southern from the Big South Conference. Other power conference bubble teams like Iowa and Arizona St. will also play, taking on Indiana St. and Detroit.
The winners will advance to the second round, which will be played March 21-25.
Here's a complete list of Wednesday's games:
- No. 3 Iowa vs. No. 6 Indiana St., 7 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- No. 2 Massachusetts vs. No. 7 Stony Brook, 7:15 p.m. ET, WatchESPN
- No. 4 Providence vs. No. 5 Charlotte, 7:15 p.m. ET, WatchESPN
- No. 2 Tennessee vs. No. 7 Mercer, 8 p.m. ET, ESPNU
- No. 2 Baylor vs. No. 7 Long Beach St., 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2
- No. 1 Southern Miss vs. No. 8 Charleston Southern, 9:15 p.m. ET, WatchESPN
- No. 3 Arizona St. vs. No. 6 Detroit, 10 p.m. ET, ESPNU