This is a game to forget for both teams.
Notre Dame was dominating the second half, outscoring the Storm 44-14 after a sluggish first half. By the time the game's outcome was no longer in doubt, Notre Dame continued raining threes, which apparently did not sit well with an overmatched opponent. By the time the Irish finally pulled their starters up 66-40 with 1:46 left in the game, St. John's decided to finally give the fans something interesting to watch.
Cameron Biedscheid and Sir'Dominic Pointer started going at it, and eventually led to a scuffle as Notre Dame players were congratulating each other on Senior Night. Both players were given technical fouls and ejected.
The brawl and aftermath delayed the game nearly 10 minutes, leading to a handful of ejections on both sides. Currently it's unclear how many suspensions will come down, or what ramifications said suspension will have on the upcoming Big East Tournament. At any rate, it was way more interesting than the actual game.
More from SB Nation:
- NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in first round
- SB Nation exclusive with Bobby Petrino, football mind
- Uffsides: Von Miller talks with SB Nation
- ESPN has a "SportsCenter" problem, not a hockey problem
- 3 reasons why the NBA playoffs are better with the Lakers
- Dennis Rodman: The unwitting diplomat