From CBS Sports' Jon Heyman comes this fantastic quote in response to Jay-Z's recent Illuminati-sponsored foray into the sports management business:
agents r amused by jay-z as baseball agent. said 1 agent: "we are partnering with sugar hill gang. look for that release.''— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) April 4, 2013
Reasons this is great:
1. Some anonymous baseball agent hasn't listened to hip-hop since 1979, apparently.
2. Baseball agents are making hip-hop references.
3. 90 year-old baseball writers are forced to acknowledge hip-hop exists at all, with Jon Heyman leading the charge by pretending to know who Sugar Hill Gang is.
4. We're not saying this is like a rap battle, but all the shots taken by rival agents certainly makes it FEEL like a rap battle, and the agents' condescension is so palpable you can't help but enjoy the show. It's only going to get more entertaining when Jay-Z starts stealing more clients and/or starts a full-fledged war with Bud Selig.
5. For the first time in 10+ years, we all have a reason to pay attention to baseball news.
6. Jay-Z just makes everything more fun.
7. Even, amazingly, baseball.