As the start of the 2013 Kentucky Derby approaches, two horses lead as the front-runners to win the 139th edition at Churchill Downs. Orb and Verrazano enter the weekend tied with 4/1 odds to cross the finish line first, according to OddsShark.
Orb, the winner of the Florida Derby and four-straight races, opened up with 7/2 odds. Verrazano, starting just two posts down, is undefeated in his career. There are plenty of story lines to keep betters intrigued on Saturday.
Weather conditions won't be ideal for Saturday's race. Showers appear to be on the horizon, along with mild temperatures from the look of current forecasts. Expect a shift in the odds if storms start to muddy the track.
Here are the odds for all 20 horses by post position, along with their jockeys:
1. Onyx 50/1: Joe Bravo
2. Oxbow 33/1: Gary Stevens
3. Revolutionary 9/1: Calvin Borel
4. Golden Soul 50/1: Rosie Napravnik
5. Normandy Invasion 9/1: Javier Castellano
6. Mylute 16/1: Rosie Napravnik
7. Giant Finish 50/1: Jose L. Espinoza
8. Goldencents 11/2: Kevin Krigger
9. Overanalyze 14/1: Rafael Bejarano
10. Palace Malice 25/1: Mike Smith
11. Lines of Battle 33/1: Ryan Moore
12. Itsmyluckyday 12/1: Elvis Trujillo
13. Falling Sky 50/1: Luis Saez
14. Verrazano 4/1: John R. Velazquez
15. Charming Kitten 25/1: Edgar Prado
16. Orb 4/1: Joel Rosario
17. Will Take Charge 20/1: Jon Court
18. Frac Daddy 40/1: Victor Lebron
19. Java's War 16/1: Julien Leparoux
20. Vyjack 14/1: Garrett Gomez