With the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby just hours away, the oddsmakers continue to change up the betting lines for the field as track conditions deteriorate.
Rain was not expected in the forecast until 4 p.m. local time on Saturday, but storms moved in early around 9:30 a.m. It's been raining on and off throughout the entire day, leaving track conditions as "muddy" as the jockeys prepare for the biggest race of their lives. 13 of the 19 horses running today have never raced on a muddy track, which could make for a big upset at the finishing line.
Revolutionary began the day as the favorite with 5/1 odds. Those have held steady throughout the afternoon. Goldencents was also listed at 5/1 earlier, but has now dropped to 7/1. Orb, once picked as the favorite to win earlier in the week, has dropped to 8/1, as has Normandy Invasion.
Looking for a long shot to win? Falling Sky is the horse for you. At 37/1 odds, Falling Sky currently has the lowest chance of winning. Onyx and Fear The Kitten were both scratched earlier in the week.
Here is an updated look at the odds, courtesy of the Kentucky Derby's official website.
1. Onyx: SCRATCHED
2. Oxbow 22/1: Gary Stevens
3. Revolutionary 5/1: Calvin Borel
4. Golden Soul 29/1: Robby Albarado
5. Normandy Invasion 8/1: Javier Castellano
6. Mylute 13/1: Rosie Napravnik
7. Giant Finish 36/1: Jose Espinoza
8. Goldencents 7/1: Kevin Krigger
9. Overanalyze 14/1: Rafael Benajaro
10. Palace Malice 22/1: Mike Smith
11. Lines of Battle 32/1: Ryan Moore
12. Itsmyluckyday 9/1: Elvis Trujillo
13. Falling Sky 37/1: Luis Saez
14. Verrazano 9/1: John Velazquez
15. Charming Kitten 29/1: Edgar Prado
16. Orb 8/1: Joel Rosario
17. Will Take Charge 31/1: Jon Court
18. Frac Daddy 22/1: Victor Lebron
19. Java's War 24/1: Julien Leparoux
20. Vyjack 31/1: Garrett Gomez
21. Fear The Kitten: SCRATCHED