With post time now less than an hour and a half away, the odds for the 2013 Kentucky Derby remain steady. Revolutionary, who became the favorite as odds moved due to wet conditions, is still favored at 5/1.
More than $20 million has been wagered on the 139th Kentucky Derby, including more than $2.5 million on Revolutionary. Goldencents remains at 7/1 odds, but has now been joined in a tie for second place by Orb. Nearly $2 million has been wagered on Orb, whose odds recently moved from 8/1 to 7/1.
Normandy Invasion at 8/1, Itsmyluckyday at 9/1 and Verrazano at 9/1 round out the top contenders. Falling Sky continues to have the lowest odds although the horse has moved up from 37/1 to 36/1. Vyjack remains with long odds at 29/1, but has improved from 31/1 over the last couple of hours.
Here is an updated look at the odds, courtesy of the Kentucky Derby's official website.
1. Onyx: SCRATCHED
2. Oxbow 22/1: Gary Stevens
3. Revolutionary 5/1: Calvin Borel
4. Golden Soul 30/1: Robby Albarado
5. Normandy Invasion 8/1: Javier Castellano
6. Mylute 13/1: Rosie Napravnik
7. Giant Finish 35/1: Jose Espinoza
8. Goldencents 7/1: Kevin Krigger
9. Overanalyze 14/1: Rafael Benajaro
10. Palace Malice 22/1: Mike Smith
11. Lines of Battle 32/1: Ryan Moore
12. Itsmyluckyday 9/1: Elvis Trujillo
13. Falling Sky 36/1: Luis Saez
14. Verrazano 9/1: John Velazquez
15. Charming Kitten 30/1: Edgar Prado
16. Orb 7/1: Joel Rosario
17. Will Take Charge 32/1: Jon Court
18. Frac Daddy 22/1: Victor Lebron
19. Java's War 25/1: Julien Leparoux
20. Vyjack 29/1: Garrett Gomez
21. Fear The Kitten: SCRATCHED