GIF TOURNAMENT IV -- ELITE EIGHT
(14) SNIPED METS FAN vs.
(2) BEER HERO
Voting will remain open until Sunday at 11:30 p.m. Eastern. Click here to check out the rest of the Elite Eight.
(14) SNIPED METS FAN.
Via @ckirsch714's Vine. Special nomination. Has not previously appeared in THIS WEEK IN GIFs. Received 887 votes in Round 1, and 1,114 votes in Round 2.
Sniped Mets fan is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. It’s going all the way.
- Valued Internet subscriber Mike Stromberg
when he finally settles into his resting place, it’s almost like a little piece of Raptor tail shining through.
- Valued Internet subscriber vlad3217
How is Sniped Mets Fan a 14 seed?
If this GIF tournament was a prison spades game somebody would be shanked for sandbagging right about now.
- Valued Internet subscriber liftbigdiehuge
(2) BEER HERO.
Via Crawfish Boxes, our Astros blog. Won Week 42 of THIS WEEK IN GIFs with 608 votes. Received 737 votes in Round 1, and 534 votes in Round 2.
Let’s examine his heroism
1. He catches a ball in a cup of beer. It’s hard to catch a ball with an outfielder’s glove. Catching it in a cup of beer is quite difficult.
2. After only briefly showing the world his trophy he starts chugging the beer. This presence of mind must be rewarded.
3. HE CHUGS THE BEER. THE ONE THAT HAD A BASEBALL IN IT. THAT’S AWESOME.
Vote Beer Hero.
- Noted SBNation.com contributor Robert Wheel
It’s kinetic, and it’s glorious.
- Valued Internet subscriber miker_13
Perhaps I would be better served to isolate pinnacle moments in each gif, and to judge thereon.
[...] the beer gif has our hero’s friend, who almost certainly moonlights as a six year old girl finding out she gets to go to Disney World, jumping up and down and fluttering his hands as the beer is chugged. This hasn’t helped; I am at an impasse.
- Valued Internet subscriber amandell3000