The U.S. Olympic Alpine Skiing team announced a 20-person roster on Monday headed on the men's side by 36-year-old Bode Miller. The five-time medalist joined 10 other men and nine women who will represent the United States in Sochi, Russia.
Miller holds a record of five Olympic medals spanning from the last four Olympic events and will also be joined by five other members of the 2010 Winter games. Ted Ligety, Nolan Kasper, Marco Sullivan and Andrew Weibrecht all return on the men's side, which also includes Erik Fisher, who made the 2010 team but didn't participate because of injury.
Julia Mancuso, who has appeared in the past three Olympics, leads the names on the women's Alpine Skiing team. She is joined by Olympic veterans in Stacey Cook, Megan McJames, Leanne Smith and Resi Stiegler.
The women's side is without Lindsey Vonn, who is one of six women to have won all five Alpine events. Vonn has struggled with a serious injury and officially pulled out of the 2014 Sochi Olympics in January.
Here's a look at the entire rosters.
- David Chodounsky
- Erik Fisher - named to 2010 Olympic Team but didn't compete (broken hand)
- Travis Ganong
- Jared Goldberg
- Tim Jitloff
- Nolan Kasper - 2010 Olympian
- Ted Ligety - 2006, 2010 Olympian
- Bode Miller - 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 Olympian
- Steven Nyman - 2010 Olympian
- Marco Sullivan - 2002 Olympian, 2010 Olympian
- Andrew Weibrecht - 2010 Olympian
- Stacey Cook - 2006, 2010 Olympian
- Julia Ford
- Julia Mancuso - 2002, 2006, 2010 Olympian
- Megan McJames - 2010 Olympian
- Laurenne Ross
- Mikaela Shiffrin
- Leanne Smith - 2010 Olympian
- Resi Stiegler - 2006 Olympian
- Jacqueline Wiles