The last half of the 2011-12 season and the first half of 2012-13 was pretty to good to college basketball fans with a particular affinity for the slam dunk. Let's take a look at the 10 best of the past 12 months.
10. Florida's Bradley Beal vs. South Carolina (2/9/12)
We hardly got a chance to know Bradley Beal before he bolted for the NBA, but his brief stay in Gainesville won't soon be forgotten by anyone from South Carolina.
9. Minnesota's Rodney Williams vs. Florida State (11/27/12)
Any talk about the best current dunker in college basketball should come down to Williams and Detroit's Doug Anderson. This might be the former's best work to date.
8. Kansas' Ben McLemore against Washington State (11/20/12)
The only dunk on the list in which a player actually winds up posterizing his own teammate. Sorry, Jamari Traylor.
7. Baylor's Quincy Acy vs. Xavier (3/23/12)
Baylor senior Quincy Acy put on a bit of a dunk spree during Baylor's run to the Elite Eight last March. No piece of art in his gallery was more impressive than this alley-oop finish against Xavier in the Sweet 16.
6. Kentucky's Archie Goodwin vs. Portland (12/9/12)
The electric Wildcat freshman had a similar dunk against Lafayette waved off earlier in the season because of a highly questionable charge call. This one stood, and it was glorious.
5. Oklahoma State's Markel Brown vs. Missouri (1/25/12)
Brown picked up his second technical foul and was ejected from this game because of his post-cram stare, but at least he made this list.
4. Indiana's Victor Oladipo vs. Central Connecticut State (12/9/12)
Zeller, Hulls and Watford get the lion's share of the national attention, but there may not be a more exciting player in college basketball right now than Victor Oladipo. Here's why.
3. Hampton's Darrion Pellom vs. Maryland Eastern Shore (2/15/12)
A self-alley-oop is probably going to warrant inclusion on any list akin to this one.
2. Cal State San Bernadino's Kwame Alexander vs. Cal State Stanislaus (2/13/12)
The only non-Division I honoree is Cal State San Bernadino's Kwame Alexander. He had two or three others last season that could have been in the top ten, but none approached the magnificence of what you see below.
1. Arkansas Pine-Bluff's Savalace Townsend vs. Grambling State (2/1/12)
Salvace Townsend: dunk king of 2012.