The Minnesota Golden Gophers held UCLA to 33 percent shooting in a win Friday.
The No. 11 Minnesota Golden Gophers used a strong effort from Austin and Andre Hollins to get an upset 83-63 win over the No. 6 UCLA Bruins Friday.
For more on the story, visit The Daily Gopher and Bruins Nation
Andre Hollins had 28 points, nine rebounds and five assists for the Gophers. Austin Hollins added 16 points and eight assists, and Joe Coleman scored 14 points.
Minnesota built a 10-point lead at halftime and extended it in the second half thanks to a defense that held UCLA to 33 percent shooting. Minnesota shot 9 for 16 from three-point range while UCLA shot just 4 for 23 from three.
Shabazz Muhammad scored 20 points for UCLA, but shot just 6 of 18.
Minnesota moves on to play the Florida Gators at 6:10 p.m. ET on Sunday.
More in College Basketball:
• Saturday's March Madness TV schedule
• March Madness: Friday's scores, GIFs and more
• Printable bracket for March Madness
• Chasing Cinderella: Iona's inspiring run
• An oral history of Bryce Drew's epic buzzer-beater
• Full coverage of March Madness