Syracuse used a sloppy start to the second half by Michigan to get its deficit slightly smaller.
The Michigan Wolverines got off to a rocky start in the second half, committing their first turnover in nearly 17 minutes of game action and not scoring a field goal until the 17:23 mark. The Syracuse Orange are attempting to chip away at a double-digit deficit, and a bucket and foul by Rakeem Christmas brought them within seven points.
Tim Hardaway Jr. has gone cold in the second half, making only 1 of 3 field goals. C.J. Fair has scored four points and grabbed three rebounds in an effort to get Syracuse back in the game.
The Orange trail 39-32 with less than 16 minutes left. They have an uphill battle, but there's plenty of basketball left to be played.
More in College Basketball:
• 10 things you should know about the Final Four
• Rick Pitino's elusive title
• The 5 things that will decide Louisville-Wichita State
• Jabari Parker and Chicago's new basketball lineage
• Living and playing basketball with cancer
• Andrew Wiggins is the anti-LeBron