First-team All-American Doug McDermott, Final Four Most Outstanding Player Luke Hancock and a pair of Indiana Hoosiers were among the 12 players named to Team USA's World University Games roster, USA Basketball announced Saturday.
Team USA coach Bob McKillop of the Davidson Wildcats made the final cuts Saturday after paring the 26 players at camp down to 16. From there, McKillop selected the following 12 players to represent the United States at the July 7-16 tournament in Russia:
- Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado Buffaloes
- Yogi Ferrell, Indiana Hoosiers
- Treveon Graham, Virginia Commonwealth Rams
- Luke Hancock, Louisville Cardinals
- Tyler Haws, BYU Cougars
- Cory Jefferson, Baylor Bears
- Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati Bearcats
- Alex Kirk, New Mexico Lobos
- Doug McDermott, Creighton Bluejays
- Adreian Payne, Michigan State Spartans
- Will Sheehey, Indiana Hoosiers
- Aaron White, Iowa Hawkeyes
The tryouts were held at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., and the team will continue to work out there until Sunday. The team leaves for Russia on Monday and will play two scrimmages before the 24-team tournament begins Friday.