You've arrived at this article not necessarily because you love college basketball—which, you may—but because you have intention of printing out or at least inspecting the 2014 NCAA tournament bracket. It's not a ritual exclusive to hardcore hoops fans, and it is fully recognized in this space you may be one of up to 100 people across the Internet who fills out an annual bracket without much knowledge of the 68 teams in the field.
The Florida Gators and Wichita State Shockers are among the favorites to win the national championship. The Gators did not lose a regular-season game when point guard Scottie Wilbekin was in the lineup; he was suspended for their two losses early in the season. Wichita State didn't lose at all.
Beyond those teams and a few others, the field is very close together, and anything could happen because everything always happens in the tournament. So here is a non-exhaustive list for completing your picks for submission to your favorite bracket pool:
- Flip a coin
- Download a coin-flipping app from Google Play or the iTunes App Store, because you may not have a coin handy in this immediate moment of urgency
- Ask a tiny baby, using a predetermined key to decipher its adorable noises
- Go to KenPom.com and pick the better team according to its rankings
- Flip a coin to determine if you will ask a tiny baby or visit a website that has accurate formulas to rank all 351 college basketball teams
- Pick the mascot in each match-up less likely to eat, kill or otherwise harass the other
- Just guess