Alabama will look to hold on to its No.1 BCS ranking as it hosts LSU in Tuscaloosa. The Tide is expected to win, and do so in front of a ridiculous list of four and five-star recruits. This is one of the better groups of recruits we have seen assembled at a game this year.
Here are some of the elite names expected in Tuscaloosa.
Official visitors have their trips paid for by the school. Official visits are limited to five,
- Raekwon McMillan, a five-star linebacker from LB Hinesville (Ga.) Liberty County, will be on his official visit. Ohio State is thought to be the favorite, but Alabama is closer to his home and Nick Saban has overcome longer odds before. Buckeyes fans will be sweating this out.
- Damien Mama, an elite, four-star offensive guard from Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco Prep. Mama has tremendous feet relative to his size and would be a monster in any offense. Mama seems like a battle between USC and UCLA, but again, never underestimate the national champs.
- Speaking of players from the West Coast, Tyler Luatua, a four-star tight end from La Mirada (Calif.) High School will be in town. Notre Dame is the main competition for Luatua, but USC could also get back in the mix depending on who it hires to be the new head coach.
- Johnnie Dixon, a four-star receiver from Palm Beach (Fla.) Dwyer High School, will also be on his official visit. Dixon is considered a strong lean to Miami. He has a nice blend of power, speed, balance and instincts.
- Two awesome defensive backs in five-star cornerback Tony Brown, of Beaumont (Texas) Ozen, and five-star safety John Smith of Long Beach (Calif.) Poly, are scheduled as well.
Alabama will also get visits from several other stars.
- The biggest name, official or otherwise, is Leonard Fournette, of New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine. Fournette is a five-star running back and the best RB recruit to come along in years -- perhaps since Adrian Peterson. Can Alabama pull him away from LSU?
- A trio of defensive tackle recruits in four-star Charles Mosley, of Brighton (Tenn.), Matt Elam, a four-star from Elizabethtown (Ky.) John Hardin, and Josh Frazier a four-star from Springdale (Ark.) Har-Ber, will both attend. Mosley seems to be favoring Tennessee, Elam is a battle between Kentucky and the Tide, and Frazier is a heavy Arkansas lean.
- Five-star cornerback Marlon Humphrey, of Hoover (Ala.) will also attend. He is an Alabama legacy, but is also considering Florida State.
I will continue to update the list leading up to the game as more prospects announce their intentions via text or Twitter.