Just about a week after verbally committing to Ohio State, The Plains (OH) Athens quarterback Joe Burrow showed up in Columbus to participate in the Elite 11 quarterbacks camps in order to try for an invitation to the Elite 11 Final in Beaverton, Oregon in early July. While ultimately he didn't earn an invite to the pressure chamber, he was still one of the better signal callers on the field.
After the camp SB Nation Recruiting spoke with Burrow (see video above). A number of topics were discussed including:
- Why did Burrow decide to end his recruitment and commit to the Buckeyes immediately after receiving a scholarship offer?
- What is the greatest attribute of Burrow's game?
- Does Burrow plan on recruiting for the Buckeyes' 2015 class?
- Are there any specific recruits he trying to bring to Columbus to play with him?
- What are the one or two things Burrow is trying to improve in between now and his senior season?
- What kind of relationship does Burrow have with the Ohio State coaching staff?
- Was Burrow surprised to receive an offer from the Buckeye before camping this month?
- Did growing up in a football household help with his football development?
- What does Burrow have to say to Ohio State fans about his commitment?