Whether you think Mack Brown is a Real American Hero or not, it's still pretty cool to see Texas giving a tip of the cap to G.I. Joe with the Longhorns' play cards.
Oh, hey, Tupac, Abe and Ben Tate, too.
If the Longhorns are looking for other great cartoon play card options, I've got a few.
- The Foot Soldier symbol from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The logo for Jem and the Holograms
- A big ole' picture of Captain Planet
- Lenticular of Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk
- One of those huge Sentinel things from the X-Men show
- Scrappy Doo
- That really fat Gummy Bear
- The talking garbage pile from Fraggle Rock (okay, that was a puppet)
What kinds of other great ideas do you have for the Longhorns? Should they just go with West Coast rappers and famous abolitionists instead of cartoon villain conglomerates? Is using play cards with pictures on them too 'new man football?'
Check the national college football scoreboard right here, and look through SB Nation's many excellent college football blogs to find your team's community.