Things are not going well for Texas. The Longhorns have given up more points in a game and a half than Maryland will score all year, players are going down all over the field and to add insult to injury, there are people having all kinds of fun and eating delicious carnival food just outside the stadium they're forced to spend another couple hours in.
Just how bad has it gotten?
- In the last 90 minutes, Texas has given up 80 points
- Mack Brown's face has literally turned burnt orange in anger
- Oklahoma quarterback Blake Bell has four rushing touchdowns
- The Sooners have 418 yards of offense
- The Longhorns only two points came off a butt-deflected extra point block
- Texas has run one play in Oklahoma territory
- Longhorns are averaging .7 yards per rush
- This is just one point off the largest deficit in the history of the Red River Shootout
- The Texas offense has three fewer first downs than punts
Naturally, you are thinking to yourself, wow, I bet those Texas fans are feeling really sad. You'd be right!
There is another option. It is Texas, after all. Maybe the Longhorn play cards can help us out.
Check the national college football scoreboard right here, and look through SB Nation's many excellent college football blogs to find your team's community.