Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
You can just come out and say, "We miss Texas A&M," Texas. It's okay.
Texas is replacing Texas A&M, which left for the SEC, with TCU as its annual Thanksgiving Day rival. Thus:
Texas DE Alex Okafor: "I feel sorry for A&M. We still have a big-time game on Thanksgiving. They're missing out."— kbohls (@kbohls) November 19, 2012
This is all in good fun, but a few things for any Longhorns fans who might feel the urge to take a harmless little rival poke and really run with it:
- Texas has played three games exclusively on the Longhorn Network, which nobody watched.
- Its most-watched game was another blowout loss to Oklahoma.
- Texas A&M's most-watched game was a win in Tuscaloosa.
- A&M is about to tie Texas in all-time Heisman trophies.
- A&M is ranked seven spots higher in the BCS than Texas is.
- A&M has played five ranked teams, including three in the current top 10.
- Texas has played three ranked teams, including none of the current top 10.
- A&M has a SEC game and legit Sugar Bowl hopes on the line this week.
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobably not the best time to talk trash about big-time games. Just in case anybody was thinking about doing that.
Look through SB Nation's many excellent college football blogs to find your team's community.