As soon as I get to Tally I'm getting some Gutheries ASAP !— Jesus Wilson (@Trend_Setter3) January 11, 2013
The above item sparked a dispute in our newsroom and on Twitter: which are the restaurants most essential to college football recruiting success?
Not, like, the college food you'd like people to think you're into, a one-location joint your campus is known for, or WE JUST WON STATE food (Cheesecake Factory being the ultimate STATE CHAMPS restaurant, followed by Longhorn). Food that old people would consider right on the border of guilty pleasure, but kids can't do without, would be the perfect epicenter, but there are multiple vague criteria at work here.
In alphabetical order, the current top 10 or so:
- Bojangles, Popeye's or equivalent
- Buffet pizza
- Chick-Fil-A or Raising Canes
- Guthrie's, Zaxby's or equivalent
- In-n-Out or equivalent (Checkers, Hardee's, Rally's and so forth subpar, but technically acceptable)
- Golden Corral or Ryan's
- Sonny's or other likewise mediocre barbecue
- Taco Bell
- Waffle House (Likely a dealbreaker in many regions)
- White Castle or Krystal
- Wingstop or equivalent (Citing Darnell Dockett on this one)
Update: The burrito joint (Moe's, Chipotle) appears to have been our biggest omission. Apologies to @VoxBurritos.
Leave a comment below letting us know where we went awry.