Missouri will wear sleek matte helmets vs. Indiana Saturday.
The Missouri Tigers will wear black-and-chrome matte helmets vs. the Indiana Hoosiers Saturday, the team announced Thursday.
The helmets are part of Mizzou's Nike uniform ensemble, and will be matte black with a chrome Tigers logo. You can see how they were assembled (by an equipment manager with really quick hands, no less) as well as head coach Gary Pinkel's reaction below:
The helmets have been generally well received, particularly by Mizzou fans on Rock M Nation, SB Naton's Tigers site.
Missouri will look to improve to 3-0 at Indiana. The game kicks off at 8 p.m. ET on BTN.
• Your Week 4 college football TV schedule guide
• Picking Week 4’s biggest games, eating pretty sandwiches
• Spencer Hall’s Alphabetical | Bill Connelly’s Numerical | This Week in Schadenfreude
• Mack Brown’s apology for losing to Oklahoma, a month early!
• What we learned from the Alabama-Texas A&M classic
• Today’s college football news headlines