BUFORD, GA. -- 2,300.
That's the number of miles quarterback recruit Brandon Dawkins traveled from his home in Thousand Oaks, Calif. to compete in the Atlanta Elite 11 Quarterback Camp.
Dawkins made sure it wasn't wasted.
On a windy day that quickly exposed those without the arm strength to be a high-level DI recruit, Dawkins showed well.
The consensus four-star recruit has a good blend of athleticism and arm strength. And at around 6'3 and 215 pounds, there aren't any of the size and frame questions that sometimes accompany camp stars. Dawkins is clearly a top QB recruit.
After the camp, I caught up with Dawkins. The topics discussed in the above video include:
- His experience at the Elite 11 and competing against the best;
- Interacting with the Elite 11 coaches and what he'll now focus on to improve his game;
- New schools showing interest in him in addition to the existing offers by Notre Dame, Utah and N.C. State;
- How he fits into different college offenses;
- A recent visit to a major SEC school, and what he liked about the school; and
- What he looks for in a college program.