Peyton Bender was one of the top competitors at the Atlanta Elite 11 QB Camp. And his performance was even more impressive when one factors in the windy conditions that rendered many of the undersized quarterbacks ineffective.
Out of Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons High School, Bender committed to Washington State and coach Mike Leach's Air Raid ofense in late March, despite the Cougars playing more than 3,000 miles from his South Florida home.
After the very windy Elite 11 (which you can hear on the above video), I chatted with Bender.
Topics discussed include:
- The Elite 11 QB Camp experience and how it is better than other quarterback camps;
- One area of his game on which he most wants to improve;
- His current height and weight;
- Bender's lightning-quick release;
- What drove him to commit to Mike Leach and the Washington State Cougars; and
- His plans to recruit for Washington State