New Orleans Saints wide receiver Joe Morgan is out for the season because of an ACL injury. We break down the fantasy implications.
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Joe Morgan will miss the entire season because of an ACL injury, coach Sean Payton announced on Wednesday. Morgan injured the knee last week during a scrimmage.
Morgan was expected to be the team's No. 3 wide receiver this season behind Marques Colston and Lance Moore. Colston returned to practice earlier this week after missing time with a foot injury. Nick Toon will likely see a bump in playing time because of Morgan's injury.
Fantasy Impact: Morgan would have been an intriguing player for fantasy owners heading into Draft Day because of his speed and his role in the New Orleans offense.
Fantasy owners should expect to see Colston, Moore, Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles catching passes in New Orleans until someone else emerges.
More from SB Nation:
• SB Nation Top 100 Big Board
• Five new coaching regimes that will help your fantasy team
• Best wide receiver on all 32 teams
• NFL Debrief: A football-like substance returns
• Cowboys beat Dolphins in HOF Game
• Complete NFL training camp coverage