Over the next six weeks, the best athletes from around the world will descend upon London, England, for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Team USA will be represented by the best Olympians and Paralympians from all around the country.
And while they will all have the encouragement and backing from friends, family and all of the United States, a lucky nine will have the support of BP, which has partnered with Team USA through 2016 to help U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Hopefuls reach their goals.
We are committed to providing opportunities, support and critical funding to help fuel these outstanding athletes at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and beyond.
Meet BP Team USA:
- Sanya Richards-Ross, Athletics - 400M, 200M, 4X100M Relay, 4X400M Relay
- Jonathan Horton, Gymnastics
- Lolo Jones, Athletics - 100m Hurdles
- Jerome Singleton Jr., Paralympic Athletics - 100M, 200M, 4x100M Relay
- Rebecca Soni, Swimming - 100M and 200M Breaststroke
- Matt Stutzman, Paralympic Archery
- Bryan Clay, Athletics - Decathlon
- Rudy Garcia-Tolson, Paralympic Swimming - 200M IM, 100M Breaststroke
- Tatyana McFadden, Paralympic Athletics - Wheelchair - 100M,200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M, Marathon
The partnership between BP and Team USA was announced in February, and will continue through the 2016 Olympics and Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro. BP is hoping to "inspire customers, employees and the public."
We're committed to providing athletes with the opportunities and funding to fuel their journey to the Summer and Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. We're dedicated to ensuring U.S. athletes are prepared to represent their country on a global stage.
Additionally, BP is remaining environmentally friendly with a program they call Target Neutral. "Reduce + Replace + Neutralize = BP Target Neutral." They will offset the carbon emissions of Team USA, as well as the fans traveling to London.
Throughout the Olympics and Paralympics, we here at SB Nation will further introduce you to the nine athletes on BP Team USA, and keep you updated on their performances in their respective Games and events.