The 2012 London Olympics continue Monday with some high-profile team sports continuing their preliminary rounds and some big events heading for the medal stand, such as men's team gymnastics.
The events start off at 4 a.m. Eastern, 9 a.m. local time with New Zealand vs. South Korea in men's field hockey on NBC Sports Network and Croatia vs. China in women's basketball on the special Olympic Basketball channel. Some more good stuff gets going just an hour later at 5 a.m. Eastern with China vs. Switzerland in women's beach volleyball, also on NBC Sports.
As the day moves on, Bravo continues with its complete coverage of all tennis matches, played at the All England Lawn and Tennis Club -- better known as the site of Wimbledon -- from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern. Women's water polo between Spain and China begins MSNBC's Olympic schedule at 9 a.m. Eastern, while NBC Sports becomes the home of SB Nation's favorite Olympic event, equestrian, until 12:45 p.m.
Team USA starts to get some more airtime, as qualifying events in swimming -- including the 200m freestyle, one of Ryan Lochte's events -- start at 10 a.m., and the women's volleyball team takes on Brazil from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Both of those events can be seen on NBC.
Later on NBC, the U.S. women's water polo team takes on Hungary from 2:30-4 p.m. and Team USA's other men's beach volleyball team, Jake Gibb and Sean Rosenthal, face Poland at 4 p.m.
Women's basketball, led by Geno Auriemma and Diana Taurasi (plus about eight other UConn alumni), will face Angola at 5:15 p.m. on MSNBC. The final live women's beach volleyball event of the day, if you're into that sort of thing, will be on the specialty soccer channel at 5 p.m. between Austria and Australia.
Streaming here, among every other event live, will be the gold medal final in men's 10m platform synchronized diving, at 10 a.m. Eastern, the semifinals and finals of the women's epée in fencing at 1 p.m., the gold medal round in women's 57kg and men's 73kg in Judo at 9 a.m. and the women's 58kg weightlifting medal round at 10:30 a.m. and the men's 62kg weightlifting medal round at 2:30 p.m.
Monday, July 30
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Field Hockey: South Korea vs. New Zealand (4 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (5 a.m.)
- Badminton: USA vs. TBD (6 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Serbia vs. South Korea (6:30 a.m.), Italy vs. Japan (3 p.m.)
- Equestrian: Eventing Cross Country (8:15 a.m.)
- Men's Archery: Individual Elimination Round (12:45 p.m.)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination bouts - flyweight and light heavyweight classes (1:15 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: 10m Air Rifle Final (4:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: USA vs. Angola (5:15 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Tennis: Singles Second Round
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Women's Water Polo: Spain vs. China (9 a.m.), Italy vs. Australia (11:15 a.m.)
- Badminton: USA vs. TBD (10:15 a.m.), USA vs. Japan (3:45 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (10:30 a.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Russia vs. Brazil (11:45 a.m.)
- Table Tennis: USA vs. TBD (1:30 p.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Great Britain vs. Argentina (2 p.m.)
- Weightlifting: Men's 62 kg Gold Medal Final (3:30 p.m.), Women's 58 kg Gold Medal Final (3:45 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Swimming: Qualifying (10 a.m., 1:45 p.m.)
- Rowing: Qualifying (10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.)
- Canoe/Kayak: Canoe/whitewater Qualifying (11 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: USA vs. Brazil (11:30 a.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: USA vs. Hungary (2:30 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination bouts (flyweight and light heavyweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 200m freestyle, 100 m backstroke; Women's 100m backstroke, 100m breaststroke)
- Men's Gymnastics: Team Gold Medal Final
- Men's Diving: Platform Synchronized Gold Medal Final
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Swimming (Women's 200m individual medley semifinals)
- Canoe/Kayak: Whitewater qualifying
For complete coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, visit SB Nation's Summer Olympics hub.