Alright the weekend is here. Whether you're allowed summer hours and can catch up on live action during the afternoon or need appointment television for the evening, there's plenty to watch and enjoy as the 2012 Summer Olympics head into the second full weekend of competition.
The biggest events will be broadcast in primetime, naturally, as Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin and Cullen Jones all chase gold at the London Aquatics Center. Phelps will look to defend in the 100m butterfly. Franklin will hope to cruise to her fourth medal of these games in the 200m backstroke and Jones will have to proverbially sprint to victory in the 50m freestyle.
Other important events include tennis semifinals from Wimbledon, and the start of elimination matches in beach volleyball.
And oh yes, there is more equestrian dressage qualifying.
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Beach Volleyball: Elimination Round (4 a.m., 6:30 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Brazil vs. China (5 a.m.)
- Women's Soccer: Quarterfinals (7 a.m., 9:30 a.m., Noon, 2:30 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: 50M Prone Rifle Gold Medal Final (9 a.m.), Unspecified (1:45 p.m.)
- Men's Archery: Individual Gold Medal Final (11:15 a.m.)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination Bouts (flyweight and welterweight classes 2 p.m., 4:15 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: USA vs. Czech Republic (5 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Tennis: Singles and Mixed Doubles Semifinals
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Men's Gymnastics: Trampoline Qualifying (9 a.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: Russia vs. Australia (10:30 a.m.), Spain vs. Hungary (11:30 a.m.)
- Equestrian: Dressage Qualifying (12:30 p.m.)
- Badminton: Women's Singles Semifinal (1:30 p.m.), Men's Singles Semifinal (2:30 p.m.) , Mixed Doubles Final (3:45 p.m.)
- Women's Weightlifting: 75 kg Gold Medal Final (2 p.m.)
- Men's Weightlifting: 85 kg Gold Medal Final (3 p.m.)
- Women's Handball: Denmark vs. Norway (4:15 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Track & Field: Qualifying (10 a.m., 11:30 a.m.), Women's 10,000M Gold Medal Final (4:30 p.m.)
- Rowing: Gold Medal Finals (Men's pair, single Sculls, quadruple sculls; Women's double sculls, 10:30 a.m., 3:45 p.m.)
- Swimming: Qualifying (Women's 50m freestyle, 4x100m medley relay; Men's 1500m freestyle, 4x100m medley relay. 10:45 a.m., 2 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Elimination Round (Noon)
- Women's Water Polo: USA vs. China (2:30 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Elimination Bouts (flyweight and welterweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 100M butterfly, 50M freestyle; Women's 200M backstroke, 800M freestyle)
- Track & Field: Men's Shotput Gold Medal Final
- Women's Diving: Springboard Qualifying
- Women's Volleyball: USA vs. Serbia
- Men's Gymnastics: Trampoline Gold Medal Final
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Women's Discus Qualifying and Heptathlon
- Cycling: Track Gold Medal Final
SI.com has a complete medal tracker to keep up to date with the top nations.
For complete coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, visit SB Nation's Summer Olympics hub.