The 2012 Olympics continue Saturday with the eighth day of competition from London. Saturday's events include a number of swimming and track & field finals, two sports the United States is expected to excel in.
The swimming events include the men's and women's 4x100 medley relays. The United States' women's 4x100m team includes 2012 Olympic stars Rebecca Soni and Missy Franklin. Michael Phelps already set the career record for Olympic medals, but he will go for another in the men's 4x100m medley relay.
There are six track & field finals scheduled Saturday, including the women's 100m final. Jamaica swept the medals in the women's 100m at the 2008 Olympics, but American Carmelita Jeter won the 2011 World Championship and will now look to add an Olympic medal to her resume. While not a final, the men's 100m preliminaries and first round will also be held Saturday.
NBC's primetime coverage will include coverage of the four swimming finals as well as the women's 100m final, diving and beach volleyball. A number of other events can be watched via an online stream at NBCOlympics.com.
To catch them and the rest of the action, here are some highlights from the day's television schedule (all times Eastern):
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Track & Field: Women's Triathlon (4 a.m.)
- Men's Basketball: Russia vs. Spain (6:15 a.m.), USA vs. Lithuania (9:30 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Elimination Round (8 a.m.)
- Cycling: Track Events (9 a.m.)
- Tennis: Men's Doubles Gold Medal Final (11:30 a.m.)
- Women's Field Hockey: USA vs. New Zealand (2 p.m.)
- Equestrian: Jumping Qualifying (3:30 p.m.)
- Women's Shooting: Trap Final (4:30 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Brazil vs. Serbia (5 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Men's Soccer: Quarterfinals (7 a.m., 9:30 a.m., Noon, 2:30 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: Qualifying (8:45 a.m.)
- Badminton: Women's Singles Gold Medal Match (11:15 a.m.), Women's Doubles Gold Medal Match (1:45 p.m.)
- Men's Weightlfting: 94 kg Gold Medal Final (4:15 p.m.)
- Track & Field: Men's 20K Walk (4:45 p.m.)
8:30 - 11:30 a.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Round of 16 Bouts (light flyweight and light welterweight classes)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (NBC)
- Tennis: Women's Singles Gold Medal Match (9 a.m.)
- Women's Gymnastics: Trampoline Gold Medal Final (11 a.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Men's 100M and 400M, Women's Pole Vault (11:15 a.m., 1:30 p.m.), Men's 10,000M Gold Medal Final (4:15 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: USA vs. Russia (11:45 a.m.)
- Cycling: Track Gold Medal Final (2 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: USA vs. Serbia (2:45 p.m.)
- Rowing: Gold Medal Finals (3:45 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Elimination Round (5 p.m.)
3:30 - 6:30 p.m. (CNBC)
- Round of 16 Bouts (light flyweight, light welterweight, and light heavyweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 4x100 medley relay, 1500m freestyle; Women's 4x100 medley relay, 50m freestyle)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (Women's 100m, heptathlon; Men's long jump)
- Beach Volleyball: Elimination Round
- Women's Diving: Springboard Semifinal
12:30 - 1:30 a.m. (NBC)
- Track & Field: Women's Discuss Gold Medal Final
- Cycling: Track Events
Sports Illustrated has a complete medal tracker to keep up to date with the top nations.
For complete coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, visit SB Nation's Summer Olympics hub.