LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 04: Lebron James #6 of United States waits for an in bound ball during the Men's Basketball Preliminary Round match against Lithuania on Day 8 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Basketball Arena on August 4, 2012 in London, England. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
The 2012 London Olympics continue on Wednesday with a slate of track and field finals, and the beach volleyball gold medal match that features Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings. LeBron James and Team USA basketball will play Australia.
Day 12 of the 2012 Summer Olympics gets underway on Wednesday, with 16 gold medals on the line. Of particular interest will be Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings going up against fellow U.S. athletes April Ross and Jen Kessy in the gold medal game in beach volleyball. May-Treanor and Walsh are looking for their third-straight gold medal in the event. The match begins at 4:00 p.m. ET, but it won't be shown on television until NBC's primetime broadcast.
Team USA men's basketball begins the quarterfinals with a contest against Australia at 5:15 p.m. ET, which will be shown live on NBC Sports Network. The men's volleyball and water polo teams also open quarterfinal play on Wednesday.
Track and field will have four gold medal events on the day: women's long jump, women's 400m hurdles, women's 200m and men's 110m hurdles. The United States has an opportunity to medal in all of those events.
Here is the schedule for Wednesday (NBCOlympics.com will stream all these events live):
6 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Handball: Quarterfinals (6 a.m.)
- Table Tennis: Men's Bronze Medal Match (7:45 a.m.)
- Men's Basketball: Quarterfinals (9 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 5:15 p.m.)
- Women's Boxing: Semifinal Bouts (flyweight, lightweight and middleweight classes, 1 p.m.)
- Women's Field Hockey: Semifinal (2:15 p.m.)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Men's Volleyball: Quarterfinals (9 a.m., 4:30 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: Quarterfinals (10:45 a.m., Noon, 1:30 p.m., 2:40 p.m.)
- Table Tennis (1 p.m.)
- Women's Wrestling: Freestyle Gold Medal Finals (48 kg and 63 kg classes, 4 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Equestrian: Individual Jumping Final (10 a.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Men's Pole Vault, 5000m; Women's 800m (10:30 a.m., 1:15 p.m.); Men's Decathlon 400m Race (4:30 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Quarterfinal (11 a.m.)
- Canoeing: Sprint Gold Medal Final (12:45 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Women's Bronze Medal Match (2 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: Quarterfinal (3 p.m.)
- Cycling: Men's BMX Qualifying (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Quarterfinal Bouts (light flyweight, light welterweight and light heavyweight classes)
8 - 11:08 p.m. (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (Women's 200m, 400m Hurdles, Long Jump; Men's 100m Hurdles)
- Women's Diving: Platform Qualifying
- Beach Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
- Men's Volleyball: Quarterfinal
12:05 - 1:05 a.m. (NBC)
- Track & Field: Men's Javelin Qualifying
- Cycling: Women's BMX
For complete coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, visit SB Nation's Summer Olympics hub.