1. Russian Evgeni Plushenko is perhaps the greatest male figure skater alive. He's a three-time World Champion. He took gold in men's singles in 2006 in Torino and was edged out for silver in 2010 in Vancouver by Evan Lysacek, who has since retired. He was second in the free skate in the team portion of the Sochi Olympics and first in the short program. to help the Russians win team gold.
2. Although 31 is old for a figure skater, Plushenko has been at his peak. He set his personal best performance for a free skate in 2012, and his best for a short performance in Sochi during the team portion of the proceedings.
3. Before his Thursday performance in the short program, Plushenko's back acted up, forcing him to withdraw. It's been widely speculated that Plushenko would retire after the games. If that's the case, this is the last we've seen of Plushenko.
4. Perhaps his most famous performance was set to Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb."
5. As part of company policy, our Brian Floyd set this to "Pony" by Ginuwine.
Everybody on the internets loved it, and the video now has over 600,000 views. So we figure if we can't watch the world' greatest figure skater perform in the event he wanted most, we should remember him at his best. And also add "Pony."