Here's a tweet posted by Kobe Bryant over the weekend:
Kobe can actually play the piano, so we can safely assume this is a real person-sized grand piano designed to look like the Black Mamba logo, not some tiny dollhouse toy thing. If it's too small to see, please note that the inscription above the keyboard says "KOBE PIANO". It also appears to contain some blue light, unless that's just a trick of photography. I don't know what the hell "My collection of masterpieces just hit a crescendo of domination" means, but I trust Kobe does.
It's a pretty special piano and I like it and now I would like for all NBA stars to have instruments customized for their #brands:
- LeBron One-Man Band, a madcap set-up with all the major instruments connected into one contraption.
- Stephen Drums, a drum set Stephen Curry plays by tossing drum sticks from 30 feet away.
- Carmelo Symphony, a whole string orchestra with Carmelo Anthony as first chair violin but all the other instruments are played by incompetent children and he has to run around moving their bows and turning the pages of their sheet music for them.
- Kevin Zither, because I just think Kevin Durant could play a mean zither.
- Derrick Oboe, an oboe that plays only one low note, but produces rose petals out of its bell while Derrick Rose plays it. Very fragile.
...and so forth.