On Wednesday, Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow accused Troy Tulowitzki of stealing signs.Yasiel Puig's response would have been to flip Krukow into the sea, then sneak into his house at night and flip his pets. Tulo, however, had a different response:
In response to accusations of sign stealing, Troy Tulowitzki is using "I Saw The Sign" as his walk-up song today. Not kidding.— David (@TwittinSports) May 22, 2014
Could probably unpack that. Here are some lyrics from "The Sign":
1. I got a new life
2. You would hardly recognize me I'm so glad
3. How could a person like me care for you
4. Why do I bother
5. When you're not the one for me
6. Oooo, is enough, enough
1. His career improved after he started stealing signs.
2. Like, he was good before, but who's this guy?
3. He has such little respect for his opponents, the rules and conventions are not applicable now.
4. Lamenting the years he spent not stealing signs.
5. Reminder that he's betrothed to the Rockies forever.
6. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk
So the coded message is clear, and Tulowitzki is probably stealing signs based on his choice of walk-up music. The important thing to remember is that Aqua was, and will always be, better than Ace of Base.