Via Deadspin, we have been made aware that on Saturday, LeBron James took in a screening of the hit Disney film Maleficent. By himself.
Some people are taking this as an opportunity to mock LeBron James. (Other opportunities people think it is acceptable to mock LeBron: literally every instant he is alive.)
But not us. SB Nation is taking a firm stance that going to the movies by yourself is awesome. I personally have been of this opinion for some time. Going to the movies alone is like a staycation where you leave the house. (Someone should come up with a term for that.)
When you go to the movies by yourself:
- You can show up whenever you want and just see whatever
- You can get whatever you want at the snack bar, even one of those theater hot dogs you mock around your friends but that you secretly believe smell fantastic
- You can sit wherever you want, even in the very last row and use your phone to text snide comments without anyone looking at you like you just dropped a baby
- If someone is being obnoxious or kicking your seat, YOU CAN JUST MOVE AT ANY TIME
- You can sob as hard as you want to The Fault In Our Stars or Maleficent or X-Men: Days of Future Past (which has a final scene where sobbing is warranted and how dare you say otherwise)
In other words, LeBron James is reminding us all that Team Solo is awesome. He is a hero both on and off the court.
With all that being said, however: