Mike Trout shares a last name with a fish. Nike, aware of this, decided to do something clever.
You can buy your own! Just $150. I'll take four pairs. Or, you can give me one pair for free, Nike, in exchange for these free marketing ideas:
- Super fuzzy, patchouli-scented Brandon Moss cleats
- Drew Stubbs cleats with one toe sticking out precariously
- Limited-edition brown Bartolo Colon/Albert Pujols cleats (in honor of the color of the dirt around home plate and the pitcher's mound)
- A.J. Pollock cleats that are like Trout's, but with a pollock theme
- Anthony Bass cleats that are like Trout's, but with a bass theme
- Mike Carp cleats that are like Trout's, but with a carp theme
Again, those are free. In exchange for the cool shoes. Think it over.
(Those are neat cleats.)
(Related: Kevin Durant has crab-themed shoes)