The Red Sox can earn a date with the Cardinals in the World Series with a win on Saturday.
Clay Buchholz will take the mound for the Boston Red Sox, who will attempt to clinch their first trip to the World Series since 2007 in Game 6 of the American League Championship Series on Saturday. Coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.
Buchholz struggled in Game 2 of the series, allowing five runs on eight hits in 5⅔ innings. Of course, Boston came back to win that game with the help of David Ortiz's grand slam in the eighth inning.
Max Scherzer will be given the ball for the Tigers. Baseball's wins leader during the regular season struck out 13 Red Sox hitters in seven innings in Game 2 and surrendered only one run on two hits.
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver will be in the booth for first pitch, which is slated for around 8:07 p.m. ET.
• Cardinals close out Dodgers in 6 | More NLCS coverage
• Roth: You can’t hate the Dodgers
• Red Sox hold on, take 3-2 series lead | More ALCS coverage
• Neyer: I’m sick of needless collisions at home plate
• Meet Sir Bam Bam, who may be the future of big league managing